Saturday, February 11, 2012

valentine's day chocolate covered pretzels.





Well, this took a bit more work than I anticipated!  Yes, I dipped, hand dipped, one-by-one, an entire bag of mini-pretezels....I should schedule myself to see a psychologist after this project!  Truly, I did not think it was going to be that time consuming but it ended up taking a good couple of hours.  However, the final product turned out great and I am sure my colleagues and the kid's school teachers will enjoy them!  

The Ingredients 
1 bag of salted pretzels
1 bag of chocolate melts (any color)
1 jar of your favorite of sprinkles (I went through more than I thought but I could have had a heavy hand)


 The How To
1. Melt the chocolate melts in the microwave (you can do this over a double broiler as well) but for being simple, I used the microwave.
2. Dip the pretzel in the chocolate and tap off excess.
3. Dip the pretzel in the sprinkles
4. Lay to dry on baking parchment paper  (non-stick).   


That's it!  


I placed them in clear bags and tied with jute and attached a red heart!  


Enjoy!








Pin It!

2 comments:

Carrie @carrieloves said...

those look so yummy & easy :) love the pictures!

Syadz said...

Love the chocolate!
your blog look eligant!

Post a Comment