Sunday, January 29, 2012

bakery's best party.



Yesterday, Pittsburgh had a great FREE, kid-friendly event called Bakery's Best Party.  It was held on the first floor of the Google building in Bakery Square.  It was a bit overwhelming as the organization with navigating the event could have been better.  In any case, you tasted your way through dreamy desserts for three hours while listening to music performed by Good Brother Earl.  And they also served mirco-brews for the "big" kiddos.   Children's Museum had a table set up for children's activities - my kids choose running in the free space of the venue instead. Whatever!  I am starting to feel as if I have NO control but that is for another day, another post.
Some of my favorites were Bella Christies' glitter chocolates (too darn cute) and Paris 66 Bistro's macaroons.  But my favorite, favorite was the salted carmel macaroons (can you tell macaroons are my new found obsession?).  However, I am not sure who created these delicious concoctions - if anyone knows, please pass along their name.
I hope they do this again next year but the marketing agency, Revive, needs to be mindful of how to help the guest filter through to the tables, planning appropriately for number of samples and maybe even thinking of a small cover charge.  :-)
Here are some snapshots of the event:












Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment