Sunday, January 22, 2012

Red Raspberry Jam Cookies.

Red Raspberry Jelly Cookies. 
So, with Valentine's Day fast approaching, I was inspired by these cute DIY Pie Pop Wedding Favors from Borrowed and Blue that I found on Pinterest the other day.  Today, I was lucky enough that the sun was shining and the snow was melting that I was able to find my way to the market.  I picked up some ingredients to make these cute cookies!  I ended up not having the popsicle sticks in the art room so I omitted them. I think they turned out wonderful. I even used a small heart cutter to punch a hole on the top layer of the piecrust (typically used for metal clay arts). 
But how about when they were all done; child #1 said they looked "yucky".  WHAT! WHAT!  Are you kidding! Whatever, more for me!!!  Well, I hope you enjoy this recipe and are inspired to make these for your loved ones! (And I hope that they eat them!).  

Raspberry Jelly Pie Cookies
Inspired by DIY Pie Pop Wedding Favors from Borrowed and Blue

Cookies
1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
1 jar of seedless red raspberry jam (Trappist® Preserves, All Natural)
1 egg, beaten, add a small amount of water to mixture
3 tablespoons turbinado sugar (raw sugar)

Icing
2 tsp. of milk
4 tsp. of confectioners sugar to thicken

To Prepare Cookies: 
Heat oven to 425°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray, or line with silicone baking mat.  Unroll piecrusts onto surface. Using 3-inch wide cookie cutter cut rounds from crusts; place on cookie sheet. To make each cookie, top each round with ¼ teaspoon jelly; cover with second crust round. With a fork press around edges to seal the cookies so none of the jelly oozes out.  Brush tops of pops with beaten egg; sprinkle with sugar. Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets; cool completely on cooling racks.  Top off with icing. (Note: Make sure that the cookies are cooled until you top off with the icing!).

To Prepare Icing:
Mix milk and confectioners sugar together.  (Helpful Hint: Pour mixture into a squeeze bottle to make icing the cookies easier).  







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment