Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yummy Brown Sugar Pound Cake.

#2 Enjoying the Whipped Cream.
We got snow. Lots of snow.  At least a lot of snow for this winter.  So, I thought let's cozy up and do some baking! Now, what did I have in the cupboard?  Score!  I can make some yummy brown sugar pound cake. Halfway through the mixing, YIKES!  I realized I did not have baking powder but only baking soda.  We could not leave to go to store so I thought I have nothing to lose!  I added the baking soda (half of what the recipe called for). Sixty minutes later, we had a delicious delight! I served it with diced peaches (yes, I snatched up the mini-packs for the kiddos lunches next week) and served with a homemade vanilla whipping cream.  Fabulous!


Brown Sugar Pound Cake Recipe 
(Courtesy of dominosugar.com)
Pound Cake
1 cup - packed Domino® Light Brown Sugar
1 cup - (2 sticks) butter, softened
4 - eggs
1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups - all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon - baking powder
1/4 teaspoon - salt
Sweetened Whipped Cream
1 cup - heavy whipping cream
Domino® Confectioners Sugar, to taste
1/2 teaspoon - vanilla extract


To Prepare Pound Cake:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to sugar mixture. Pour batter into pan. Bake one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan and turn out on rack to cool completely. Top with whipped cream and fruit.

To Prepare Whipped Cream:
Place cream in chilled bowl. Beat until foamy. Add Domino® Confectioners Sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff.

 My Homemade Brown Sugar Pound Cake.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment